Welcome to Pole Fit Freedom! We are a group of pole dance instructors from around the web. This blog is packed full of well-researched information, but also comes from years of personal pole fitness experience, using portable dance pole equipment both in a professional and home-based environment.
The idea came to us when we were chatting about how many people don’t have access to local pole fitness or pole dancing classes and have no choice but to learn at home.
We hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as we enjoy writing it. We absolutely love writing useful guides for our readers and we want you to make the most of your pole fitness journey!
Pole dancing is many things; it’s a sport, a discipline, a form of art, exercise, and a lifestyle!
All pole dancers are always learning, always improving and always seeking to perfect that move, trick or spin. So, no matter how far into your pole fitness journey, there will be something on this site for you.
New to Pole Dancing?
These are some of the most popular posts and pages on the site since its launch. These popular posts cover everything from the health benefits of pole dancing to how to find out how tall your ceiling is so you can install your own dance pole!
- 10 Things All Beginner Pole Dancers Need to Know
- All About Freestanding Dance Poles
- All of the Pole Dancing Grip Aids Compared and Ranked
- Chrome, Brass, Stainless Steel? All About Pole Finishes
- Flexibility Tips & The Benefits of Stretching
- Health Benefits Of Pole Dancing
- How To Learn Pole Dancing
- How to Track your Pole Fitness Progress
- Inspirational Pole Dancing Quotes
- Pole Dancing Books for Inspiration & Motivation
- Pole Dancing Routine Songs
- Portable Dance Poles And Renting – A Complete Guide
- Portable Dance Pole Buyer’s Guide
- Protect Your Knees When Pole Dancing
- Protect Your Wrists As A Pole Dancer
- Simple Warm-Up For Pole Dancers Of All Levels
- Safety Tips For Pole Dancing At Home
- Start your own Fitness Blog To Track Your Progress
- Tips for Dancing on a Spinning Pole
- Tips for Pole Dancing in Heels
- The Proper Way to Clean Your Dance Pole
- Treat Your Pole Dancing Bruises & Burns
- Ways to Improve your Upper-Body Strength
- What Does Pole Dancing Do To Your Body?
Learn Pole Dancing
If you’re looking to start learning how to pole dance or thinking of signing up for pole dancing lessons, these articles are for you:
- Best Online Pole Dancing Lessons
- Best Pole Dancing DVDs
- Learn Pole Dancing at Home
- Open Dance Academy Review
Resources for Experienced Pole Dancers
- Earn Money Pole Dancing (without stripping!)
- Other Workouts For Pole Dancers To Try
- The Truth About Twisted Grip – Is it Bad for You?
Pole Dancing Grip Aid Reviews
These days, there are so many options available for pole dancing grip aids, it can be a bit of a minefield and somewhat overwhelming when you’re trying to find a grip solution that works for you.
Fortunately, we’ve used all of the major grip aid products extensively, and we’re in the process of reviewing them all! See what we’ve reviewed so far:
- All of the Pole Dancing Grip Aids Compared and Ranked (must read)
- Carpe Lotion Review
- Dew Point Pole Grip Review
- ‘Dry Hands’ Review
- Hydro Attack Body Grip Spray Review
- iTac 2 Extra Strength Review
- Liquid Chalk Review
- Lupit Pole Grip Review
- ‘Mighty Grip’ Powder Review
- Mueller Stickum Spray Grip Enhancer Review
- Tite Grip Review
- Which Grip Aids are Vegan-Friendly? (must read)
- More Coming Soon!
Portable Dance Pole Reviews
- Best Dance Poles for Sale in 2018 (must read)
- Best Pole Dancing Crash Mats for Your Safety
- X Pole XPERT Review – “The Ultimate Dance Pole”
- X Pole SPORT Pole Review
- Lil Mynx Portable Pro Pole Review
- Lupit Pole Products Review
- Lupit Pole Dance Crash Mat Review
- Pinty Portable Dance Pole Review
- SILKII Pole Silks by X Pole Review
- Portable Dance Poles for Under $200
- X Pole Company Review & Product Overview
- More Coming Soon!
Aerial Fitness Equipment
- Flying Poles: Everything you need to know
- X Pole SILKII Review
- X Pole A-Frame Review
- More Coming Soon!
Pole Dance Clothing
If you’re looking for something to wear to your next pole session, then look no further! Pole dancers usually wear very short shorts, a sports bra, a vest top, yoga shoes and/or “stripper heels” – we’ve been searching the web for the best pole dancing deals for you lovely readers, and we’re adding new lists all the time!
- Best Aerialist Leggings
- Pole Fashion Ideas For Under $20
- 20+ Sports Bras With Beautifully Designed Backs
- Beautiful Galaxy Leggings
- What’s Inside A Pole Dancer’s Gym Bag?
- Beautiful Pleaser Pole Shoes for Your Collection
- Pole Dance & Exotic Boots
- ‘Mighty Grip’ Ankle Protectors Review
- ‘Mighty Grip’ Inner-Thigh Protectors Review
- What to Wear to Pole Dancing Classes
- Why Yoga Shoes are Perfect for Pole Dancing
- More coming very soon!
Confessions Of A Pole Dance Instructor
There are the latest posts from our brand new blog series called ‘Confessions Of A Pole Dance Instructor‘ where pole dance instructors share their brutally honest, hilarious and sometimes weird stories for their experience as a pole dance teacher.
- #1: Don’t Lie About Your Level
- #2: An Inconvenient Photoshoot
- #3: 5 Bad Things that Happened During Pole Class
- #4: The Types of Girls I’ve Met at Pole Class (Just for Fun)
- #5: The Real Reason I Started Pole Dancing
- #6: How to Become a Pole Fitness Instructor
- #7: #YesAStripper vs #NotAStripper – Pole Fitness vs. Stripping
- #8: A Day in the Life of a Pole Dance Instructor
- More coming soon – submit your own ‘confessions’ here!
Looking For Songs For Your Next Routine?
If you’re looking for the perfect pole dancing song for your next routine, then you’re in the right place! We love creating playlists for our pole students, we add new playlists all the time, so, watch this space for more great playlists!
- 8 Different Music Styles & Genres for Pole Dancing
- Classic, Retro & Vintage Songs
- Dark & Intense Songs
- Dubstep, EDM & Electronica Songs
- Pop & R&B Songs
- Psychedelic Rock Songs
- Slow & Sensual Songs
- Rock & Heavy Metal Songs
- Halloween Pole Playlist!
- Christmas Pole Playlist!
- 80’s Pole Dancing Playlist!
- Music Videos With Pole Dancing
- The Best of 2017 Songs for Pole Dancing
- The Best Pole Dance Routines On YouTube
- Warm-up Songs
- Cooldown Songs
Other Interesting Things
Everything else that’s off-topic or not totally related to pole fitness!
- 18 Beautifully Printed Yoga Mats With Colorful Designs
- 12 Other Sports For Pole Dancers To Try
- 6 Ways to Get Involved with our Pole Dance Community
- 7 Ways to Relax after a Workout
- Creative Ideas for Your Pole Dance Studio
- Hair Removal Methods for Dancers
- How To Start Your Own Fitness Blog
- Inspirational Pole Fitness Quotes
- Online Fitness Programs that Actually Work
- Reasons to Stop Wearing Makeup
- The History of Pole Dancing
- Tips for Growing a Pole Dancing Instagram Account
Pole Fitness Products
Get In Touch! – We’d love to hear from you!
Peace out, fellow polers!