This post was last updated on
Are you considering buying yourself a pair of Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors for your pole dancing workouts?
We love reviewing products at Pole Fit Freedom so that you can make the most of the various products out there for pole dancers!
Pole dancing products and accessories just so happen to be something were experts on (even if we do say so ourselves!)
This is a review of Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors for pole dancers, a product designed to protect your feet, ankles and lower legs during a pole dancing workout.
But, are they necessary? How do you know if it’s going to work for you?
Let’s find out…
Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors Review
If you find that your lower leg and ankles are a bruise magnet, then this looks like an ideal product.
Your ankles and the top part of your feet can take a real battering when you’re pole dancing, making a common area for bruising and friction burns.
The Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors are great because they will allow you to progress further, without letting bruises hold you back!
If you need something that will allow you to improve your strength and ability, while avoiding the usual difficulties that come with pole fitness, then look no further!
Features Of Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors
- They are sold as a pair, unlike some brands who sell them individually.
- Available in 4 sizes (X-Small, Small, Medium, Large & X-Large – see size info here)
- Makes climbing and lower leg-grip easier.
- Helps prevent bruising and injuries, such as pole burn.
- Gives extra support where you need it.
- Perfect for beginners and those who are learning advanced tricks.
- Tacky strips on the protectors give much needed extra grip.
- Helps by absorbing sweat and preventing slipping.
How do they work?
The Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors are a very simple design, they slip on your foot like a thick sock with a hole where your heel and toes are.
They have 4 tacky strips across the top of the foot and front of your shin to provide extra grip on the pole. These have been thoughtfully placed in the high friction areas where grip is needed the most, to prevent accidental sticking in places where you don’t want to stick to the pole!
The exact locations of the four tacky strips are:
- Over the front of the shin.
- Over the front of the foot reaching round to cover the ankle bone.
- On top of the foot reaching down the sides of the foot.
- Along the length of the sole in the arch of the foot.
We found that if you favor one foot over the other when climbing or doing certain routines then you can get away with wearing just the one, while keeping your other foot ‘naked’ as it were!
Pros Of Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors
- Helps prevent bruising and pole burn.
- Helps improve grip while working on upper body strength.
- Great for beginners, to help build confidence.
- Perfect for when you start to learn more advanced tricks that put extra friction on your ankles.
Cons Of Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors
- Relying on products like this can hinder your progress in the long-term. Eventually, you are going to want to grip the pole with just your bare skin. Students who rely on items, such as these Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors will end up less able when it comes to performing without them.
- If you use these for a prolonged period of time, they will feel sweaty when you take them off.
- The tacky strips across the front can get worn and occasionally rip off altogether. If this happens to you, then contact Mighty Grip as they are happy to replace them.
- The more you use the Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors, the more worn they will become.
Recommended: Mighty Grip Powder Review
So, Are Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors Worth Buying?
We recommend Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors, especially to those beginners who are still finding their confidence in climbing and letting go of the pole.
However, you should not rely on these products for your workouts, routines, or performances.
This is a grip aid, not a grip solution.
When you’re first learning a move, or if your bruises have not healed between sessions are the best times to use the Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors. Try to rely on your skin the majority of the time!
Using them during every workout could have a negative effect on your progress in the long-term if you want eventually want to perform using just your skin for grip.
If you’re unfortunate enough to have the tacky strips become worn faster than usual, get in touch with Mighty Grip. We’ve heard and read in forums many stories of Mighty Grip stepping up and replacing faulty products within a reasonable time frame. They obviously are going to be reluctant refunding or replacing a pair that are months old already and well used!!
That being said, however, don’t expect to send them back after months of regular use!
Where To Buy Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors:
Like everything else, you can buy Mighty Grip Ankle Protectors, here from Amazon. Click on the button below to find out the current price, as it sometimes changes!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that, at no extra cost to you, we may receive a small commission if you buy a product. Read our full disclosure here.